My name is Omar Passons, I moderated the San Diego Craft Beer Hospitality & Tourism Economic Summit on Tuesday, February 4th, and wanted to help gather thoughts, impressions and action items from people who attended or who care about San Diego Craft Beer. Our San Diego region (including neighboring cities like Vista, Santee, Oceanside and Julian) is home to over 80 breweries. For a map of the full list, hop over to the San Diego Brewer’s Guild site. Thanks for the role you play in making San Diego Craft Beer synonymous with innovation, collaboration and above all, quality.
During the forum several interesting items were described by the panelists. Here are a few of them:
- The Economic Impact of Craft Breweries in San Diego
- San Diego State University “The Business of Craft Beer“
- UCSD Brewing Certificate Program
- Supporting the San Diego Brewers Guild
- What is Destination Management?
- How to become a member of the San Diego Tourism Authority
Thanks for dropping by and be sure to mention if you’d like to stay in touch on future San Diego Craft Beer news. For those still reading, I mentioned a craft beer-centric bar/restaurant that has been a major asset to its community. That was Tiger!Tiger! and you can read more HERE. Have a great day.